Preparing to sell your home or performing a pre-sale inspection? Here are some tips to make the pre-sale inspection as smooth as possible:
- Ensure the home inspector has access to the attic.
- Try to move storage and clutter away from walls and in front of windows.
- Remove or move items blocking access to water heater, furnace, electrical panels.
- Remove or move items away from foundation walls.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- Replace furnace and/or return air filter.
- Ensure the utilities are on.
- Ensure the water heater and furnace/boiler is functioning.